How to keep a sliding door.
Glass sliding doors are an excellent choice, because you can save space with these doors and increased brightness, but also because of their durability. This type of door requires a simple maintenance, which will ensure its proper operation for a long time. So, you should keep a sliding door.
Actually, the main care that must be taken is with the cleaning, because the guides can catch dirt that prevent the correct functioning of the slide.
However, a simple control is sufficient for the slider to function properly. Therefore, if you have one of these doors in your home, and want to extend its life, do not hesitate to follow these tips:
- Use a wire brush to clean the wheels of any dirt they become dirty with use.
- With a vacuum cleaner, remove dirt from the guides regularly.
- Lubricate the wheels if you begin to feel that the door is not moving properly.
- Clean the guides with a damp cloth.
- It may also be necessary to lubricate the guides for better movement.
- Check that the clamp screws are still correctly tightened, if they are not, simply adjust them with a screwdriver.
For more information on Aramar’s news, please visit our news section frequently.